The CG Supervisor will oversee the teams at a project level, providing technical and artistic leadership across multiple projects and managing the day to day production needs. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to participate as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of post-production.
The role involves working closely with Head of 3D and the 2D Supervisor as well as collaborating with the department leads to improve efficiencies to studio processes and workflow as a whole.
Candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in Bristol, and we may be able to provide visa sponsorship for exceptional candidates. This role offers opportunities on both a freelance and permanent contract basis.
- Managing and supervising the post production teams to create 3D content for a variety of styles and projects on schedule and budget.
- Quality controlling output by the team on assigned tasks in line with budget requirements
- Actively providing creative and technical solutions to overcome production/creative challenges
- Working closely with Head of 3D and R&D department to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
- Working with production management, clients and contractors to provide task breakdown and estimates per project
- Working with production management to resource and prioritize tasks and help drive the team to meet schedule and budget objectives.
- Mentoring and developing all members of the department on an individual and collective basis
- Work closely with production to assign shots, plan schedule and advise on artist assignment.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in a Supervisory role and minimum of 5 years general production experience
- Good understanding of TV and film budgets and schedules
- A strong, measurable track record in delivering against department goals and targets
- An excellent leader who seeks to confidently lead, motivate, develop their team
- Great communication skills with the ability to work interactively with others and be comfortable communicating at all levels of the company
- Advanced knowledge in lighting, rendering FX and compositing, preferably in Houdini, Maya and Nuke
- Familiarity with Shotgun or Ftrack
- Looks for opportunities to take responsibilities
- Familiarity with technical/pipeline issues and a typical animation production environment
- Self-motivated problem solver who is able to take initiative and support themselves
- A positive attitude towards supporting business growth and the recognition that efficiencies need to improve year on year.
An Effective CG Supervisor:
- Actively looks for opportunities to take on responsibility and seeks to make improvements to the current system
- Puts the outcome for the studio as a whole first
- Can both anticipate a problem and either prevents it or limits the damage
- Responds proactively to personal & team challenges and takes ambiguity in their stride
- Motivates themselves and team members, rallies the team and brings people together to deliver the creative outout
- Communicates effectively and clearly, providing direction and sees the project vision