Axis Animation is seeking to recruit Production Managers on an ongoing basis to work on upcoming next generation game cinematics and commercial animation projects on fulltime as well as freelance contracts of up to 12 months onsite in Glasgow.
The primary duty of the Production Manager is to support the Producer in successfully running a larger project, by maintaining a broad overview of all project departments.
The role provides a great opportunity to work with a talented team on exciting projects, whilst leading a small team of Production Co-ordinator/Assistants. Problem solving, task delegation and a keen eye for logistics are the key skills for this role.
Production Managers are under the line management of the Head of Production.
- esource management across all project departments. Includes internal resources, performance reviews, schedule updates, absence/holiday tracking and negotiating/issuing contracts for outsourced artists.
- Creating and maintaining overview/department schedules and delivery oversight for all project departments, including the setting of department/project priorities and defining milestones.
- Serving as the main point of coordination and contact between the day-to-day production team and the project's senior/management staff.
- Managing a team of production coordinators and assistants.
- Motivate departmental heads/supervisors to ensure quality and stay on schedule.
- Generating internal progress reports for production team and management.
- Back up the producer in terms of client management and communications.
- Lead project production and dependencies meetings.
Each of these responsibilities will be further defined by the Producer and the needs of the specific project.
AN EFFECTIVE PRODUCTION MANAGER:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring the problem is solved.
- Puts the outcome for the studio as a whole first.
- Can both anticipate a problem and either prevent it or limit the damage.
- Can see past the noise.
- Delegates responsibility effectively.
- Responds pro-actively to stress.
AN INEFFECTIVE PRODUCTION MANAGER:
- Is a passenger on the project, rather than a driver.
- Puts their personal objectives ahead of the studio.
- Enjoys describing the problem more than solving it.
- Gets sucked into office politics.
- Believes that only they can keep the project in line.
- Passes their stress along to the team.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience within a CG related environment.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines across concurrent projects is essential.
- The ability to interact with Directors, CG supervisors, Lead and Technical Artists, to determine creative and technical requirements of projects is integral to this role.
- The ability to problem solve and flag up potential problems is necessary.
- A solid work ethic and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations is vital.
- Attention to detail is essential.
NB: Although experience in a CG / Animation studio is of great advantage in this post it is not essential and applicants who can demonstrate appropriate skills and experience in production will also be considered. Please note all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.Apply Now