RESOURCE AND OUTSOURCE MANAGER
As an integral part of the Glasgow studio, the Resource & Outsource Manager (ROM) will report directly to the Head of Personnel and Facilities, and be charged with two main areas of work:
- Managing the effective utilisation of studio-based resources: In this facet of the role, the ROM is responsible for the allocation, re-allocation, effective utilisation, and reporting of around 200 or more internal resources. This is a huge amount of data management, alongside relationship building with a dozen Heads of Department (HODs) in order to understand and deliver their preferred resource allocations.
- Building reliable ongoing relationships with outsource partners and suppliers across the globe: In this facet of the role, the ROM is responsible for finding, assessing and ensuring (quality-controlled, on budget and schedule) delivery from external suppliers. This will include single step (e.g. animation) outsource projects, and full pipeline outsource projects (script to screen). Scale and content will range from 2-3 min Axis cinematics, to 90 min Flaunt features.
The role will require collaboration with a range of stakeholders include of Executive Producers (EPs), Producers, HODs and the studio General Managers. It will also require regular intra-national travel between the Axis studios as well international partners in Europe, North and South America, Asia and beyond.
Additional key responsibilities (relating to outsource management):
- Negotiate for the best value for money, and maximise tax credits internationally
- Hire, contract, re-allocate, and where necessary facilitate the termination of contracts with suppliers
- Design, implement and supervise tech and quality check processes with all HODs
- National and international site visits before, during and after project commencement and closure
- Maintain and improve relevant processes across the studio and the group in conjunction with the Production team, the HODs and the General Managers
- Work with EPs, HODs and Supervisors to produce bid packages and breakdowns
- Collaborate with EPs, Management and HODs to determine future studio project plans and priorities
To be effective in this role, the ROM will:
- Put the outcome for the group as a whole first.
- Anticipate risks and solve problems before and as they arise.
- Drive improvement and efficiency, remaining open to change and collaboration.
- Respond pro-actively to stress.
- Act confidently, but with compassion.
- Be proficient in spreadsheet and database software inclusive of Excel and Shotgun.
- Have prior production and/or resource/crew management experience
- Have relevant industry experience