AXIS Studios are looking for a hard working, enthusiastic individual to fill our Technical Studio Runner position in our new busy London Studio in Hoxton Square.
This is a great opportunity to gain essential experience within the CG and VFX industry and make an invaluable contribution to the smooth running of our studio.
This role would suit someone looking for their big break into the VFX or animation industry. We're looking for a self-starter with a roll your sleeves attitude. Please note all applicants at the time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
You will report to the General Manager and your role will fall into two areas:
Tech support responsibilities may include :
- Data wrangling
- Assisting the Glasgow based IT team to support the smooth operation of IT kit in the London Studio
- IT hardware & Software ordering
- Edit assistance/support
General operational tasks may include :
- Unpacking deliveries, setting up equipment
- Keeping the studio clean and tidy
- Answering the phone, taking messages and redirecting calls as necessary.
- Compiling a daily booking sheet of visitors and liaising with the site teams.
- Helping with general data entry and filing NDA’s
- Arranging couriers
- Arranging travel arrangements
- Ordering consumables and stationery
An effective tech runner will :
- Have great communication skills and tech savvy
- Be able to think on your feet and work under pressure
- Be flexible and well organised
- Be enthusiastic but have sensitivity to know when this is appropriate.
- Have good organisational and administrative skills
- Be able to work without supervision but have the confidence to ask when unsure.
- Be versatile and willing to learn
- Have a current clean EU driving licence
- Have a keen interest in Visual Effects, Animation, Production or the creative arts
- Preferably experienced in Adobe Premiere and AE.